9And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 11What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:9-13
Our Heavenly Father delights to give for the life and benefit of His children. So, ask. So, seek. So, knock. He knows how to give good gifts! When it comes to gifts, He will even give Himself. Jesus says our Heavenly Father will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him.
So, I’m asking for the Holy Spirit who
- brings me into God’s love and assures me that I am His. (Romans 8:12-17)
- animates the Gospel of Jesus and lifts Him up. (John 16:4-15)
- empowers me for the work of Jesus in the world and leads me into it. (Acts 1:4-8)
- equips me for the benefit of the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12)
- grants me wisdom for decisions. (Isaiah 11:1-3)